- recognise you whenever you use the App (this speeds up your access as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences and use of our App;
- keep track of the Services you are using;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our users’ requirements; and
- target our marketing campaigns and make them more relevant to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Types of cookies
There are two types of cookies:
- Session cookies—these allow us to link your actions during a particular session. These expire each time you close the App or browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
- Persistent cookies—these are stored on your device in between sessions. These allow your preferences or actions to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache.
The cookies placed on your device fall into the following categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies—these cookies are essential for the operation of the App or Website and for you to use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for could not be provided
- Analytical/Performance cookies—these allow us to recognise usage patterns. This helps us to improve the way our App works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies i is only used to improve how our App works
- Functionality cookies—these cookies allow our App to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, the region you are in and chosen preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
- Targeting cookies— these cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They may be used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the App/website operator’s permission, and the information collected may be used, for example, to provide measurement services or target ads.
We use the following 3rd party software frameworks that may store data on the device in our iOS and Android apps:
|Name and OS||The primary purpose|
|Branch (iOS and Android)||This allows our App to create deep links that work when downloading the application from the App Store first.|
|Mixpanel (iOS and Android)||This enables us to monitor our audience size and usage pattern and send app notifications.|
|Firebase (iOS and Android)||This enables us to monitor our audience size and usage pattern.|
|Appsflyer (iOS and Android)||This enables us to monitor our audience size and usage pattern.|
|Facebook (iOS and Android)||This enables us to allow users to register and login to the App with their Facebook account and perform analytics and marketing campaigns on Facebook|
|Google Play Services (iOS and Android)||Used for Google services e.g. Google Maps|
|Google Analytics (iOS and Android)||This enables us to monitor our audience size and usage pattern|
|Mailchimp||Used to provide email services to our users and keep track of usage|
How to exercise your right to refuse and/or to withdraw consent on the App
How to turn off browser-based cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies on the Website, you can change the preferences on your browser so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some or all of the functionality of the Website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the following Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
How to contact us